Oatmeal has been around for years (it dates back to 7,000 B.C. to be exact), but what do you know about its health qualities and numerous uses? From nutritional benefits to beauty care, we’re sharing facts you might not have known about oatmeal.
Oatmeal Health Facts:
• Research links eating oatmeal daily and reduced risk of heart disease, as well as reduced cholesterol
• It’s good for digestion and metabolism
• It’s an anti-inflammatory food
• A type of fiber called beta-glucan that is found in oatmeal can help stabilize blood sugar
• One cup of oats account for 25 percent of your recommended daily amount of biotin
Oatmeal Food Facts:
• Oats are a plant-based food and are naturally gluten-free
• It can be enjoyed several different ways – both sweet and savory
• It’s a good source of protein and the beta-glucan increases your feeling of fullness
• One 18-ounce container has over 26,000 rolled oats
• The largest producer of oats in the US is found in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
• It can be found milled, steel-cut or rolled
Oatmeal Beauty Facts:
• It acts like a natural exfoliator and absorbs excess oil without drying out
• It can be used to remove dead skin cells and polish skin
• It stimulates collagen in the body, which helps keep your skin looking soft
• It can be used to treat dry and itchy skin
• It can strengthen hair, making it shiny and silky
The bottom line is oatmeal is inexpensive, versatile and full of health benefits – there isn’t a reason why oatmeal shouldn’t be in all of our pantries!
We’re Committed to You and the Environment
At Pure & Gentle, we create products with you and Mother Nature in mind. We believe in living a healthier life, inside and out. That is why our products are made with plant-based ingredients that are 100 percent biodegradable and non-toxic. If you’re allergy-sensitive, we carry a whole range of anti-allergy household products. To reduce our carbon footprint, we use carbon neutral shipping, which reduces our packaging waste by 75 percent. Little steps toward a greener life can help the whole planet, today and in the future.