The weather is warmer, the days are longer and the flowers will soon be in bloom — this can only mean one thing: spring is coming. These are also signs for…spring-cleaning! It’s that special time to clean the drapes that have been untouched for over a year, to check the refrigerator and its contents…the list goes on. To make sure you’ve checked everything off your list, we’re sharing the ultimate 2018 spring-cleaning checklist.
Spring Cleaning Checklist:
• Refrigerator – look for expired foods, rotten foods and throw away anything you don’t think you’ve used in over a year. Then, you can take everything out to give the surfaces a good wipe down. Lastly, clean your refrigerator’s condenser coil from dust and lint buildup. This will help you avoid possible overheating from the buildup.
• Faucets – your kitchen and bathroom fixtures probably have lime and scale buildup from daily use. Use Pure & Gentle’s lime and scale remover to remove lime scale, iron stains and hard water spots. It has a special blend of plant-based product that is chrome-friendly!
• Windows – this means inside and outside of the windows. As much as this might pain you, you will be so glad you took the time to do it! You might even notice a difference in how much light clean windows can bring into your home.
• Ceiling fixtures like your fan blades – this is another tedious task but if you are sensitive to allergies, this should definitely be a part of your spring-cleaning checklist. You can use the soft nozzle of your vacuum to remove dust.
• Comforters, blankets and sheets – you should be washing your blankets and sheets regularly (the rule of thumb is every other week). Your comforter doesn’t have to be washed as often, but if you swap your winter comforter for something lighter, wash it before it goes back into storage.
• Carpet and upholstery – cleaning your carpet and upholstery will help remove the dirt, grease and wear from the year. To remove dust, pollen, mold and other allergies, you can use the anti-allergen carpet and upholstery cleaner. It cleans and doesn’t leave residue behind!
• Floors – protect and extend the life of your floors with a deep clean and wax.
We’re Committed to You and the Environment
At Pure & Gentle, we create products with you and Mother Nature in mind. We believe in living a healthier life, inside and out. Our products are made with plant-based ingredients that are 100 percent biodegradable and non-toxic. If you’re allergy-sensitive, we carry a whole range of anti-allergy household products. To reduce our carbon footprint, we use carbon neutral shipping, which reduces our packaging waste by 75 percent.